½ cup Coconut Flour
½ cup Cocoa powder
4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Powder
6 Large Eggs
1 & 2/3 cup Raw Honey
1 ¼ cup Butter
12 Cupcake Liners
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Combine ½ cup of Coconut Flour, ½ cup of Cocoa, ½ tsp of Salt, ½ tsp of Baking Powder and mix well.
- Melt ¼ cup of Butter over low heat.
- Mix the Eggs, 1 cup of Honey and Melted Butter together.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix for at least a minute or more, until smooth without clumps (coconut flour expands as it takes in moisture, so it is good to give it a little time).
- Fill each cupcake liner ½ way up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool the cupcakes before applying frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- Combine 1 cup of Butter (softened to room temp), 2/3 cup of Honey and 4 Tbs of Cocoa in a mixer and blend until smooth and pliable enough to go into a pastry bag for piping.
With compliments from www.thebantingchef.co.za