- 350g pitted dates, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 125g almonds, roughly chopped
- Heat the dates and butter in a saucepan until the dates are soft.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Slowly add the egg to the mixture and stir it in well. If the mixture is too hot you’ll end up with scrambled egg.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, salt and nuts.
- Roll into balls, then into your coating of choice.
- Allow the date bites to cool and store in a sealed container, freeze.
- toasted desiccated coconut
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped nuts
- cocoa powder
With compliments: RAISING SUPERHEROES